Longino Law Family Law Specialists Header Logo
handcuffs and coins

Longino Law: Experts in Enforcing Family Law Orders in Houston, Texas

Family law orders are intended to provide a fair property division in divorces and terms in a child's best interest with respect to conservatorship, possession and access, and child support in cases involving children. All the same, situations arise where one party violates these orders.


Enforcing Possession and Access

Possession and access orders, often called child custody and visitation, are meant to ensure that both parents have a chance to spend time with their children and maintain a healthy relationship with them. When one parent refuses to comply with these orders, it may become necessary to move to have the order enforced by the court.


Enforcing Child Support Orders

Child support ensures that children receive financial support to assist the custodial parent with the extra expenses they incur having the child primarily reside with them. If you are struggling to enforce child support orders in Houston, a first step can be to contact the Texas Attorney General's Child Support Division. If the Texas Attorney General's Child Support Division cannot enforce the order, or they are not moving with sufficient speed to resolve the issue, you may need to pursue legal action by filing a motion for enforcement with the court yourself.


Enforcing Child Custody Orders

Child custody orders are specific court orders that outline the responsibilities and rights of parents concerning the care, custody, and control of their children. These orders are established to ensure that the best interests of the children are met, and both parents are given equal consideration. Failure to comply with a child custody order can lead to serious legal consequences.


Enforcing an Order for Spousal Maintenance

In Texas, spousal maintenance is often ordered by the court to provide financial assistance to the lower-earning spouse for a time. If the paying spouse violates the order, the recipient may face financial hardship. To enforce an order for spousal maintenance, one option is to file a motion for enforcement with the court. It is also advisable to seek help from an experienced family law attorney to guide you through the process and protect your rights.


Enforcing Property Divisions

Property divisions in divorce decrees should carry out a just and right division of all the property and debts of divorcing spouses. If you are having trouble enforcing a property division order in Houston, you may need to file a motion for enforcement with the court.


Contact Longino Law for Legal Assistance 

If you are facing difficulty enforcing family law orders in Houston, Texas, contact Longino Law for legal assistance. Our firm was founded by Tristan H. Longino, a Harris County Family District Court judge who is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. We have extensive experience in handling family law enforcements, both prosecuting and defending those motions, and our team is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective legal representation to our clients. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and let us help you protect your rights and interests.

Contact Us To Schedule a Consultation

Contact us to learn more about our practice areas and how we can help lead you to a better tomorrow.

Request a Consultation

Longino Law Family Law Specialists Footer Logo

© 2023 Longino Law, PLLC. All Right Reserved


(713) 634-7375

M-F 8:30am-5pm

1811 Bering Dr Ste 420, Houston, Texas, 77057